Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vacation and God

Sitting here on vacation at Scandia Coffeehouse reading the book of John. I realize that my mind quickly starts thinking of how to preach this text. I start reading to preach instead of reading to be with Jesus. Part of the reason why I have asked for an extended vacation is to get my relationship with Jesus back in the first focus: friend, savior, leader and God. As a Pastor I sometimes feel like I'm in a work relationship with Jesus. He is my boss, He is my pastor, he is my teacher and so... Now that I'm home, away from the church building, etc... I can find myself feeling like I need a bit of distance.

Have you ever worked with someone so much or seen someone so much or collaborated with someone so much that you wanted distance from that person? Time passes... That relationship dwindles to working relationship and can become a former friendship.

I don't want to distance myself from Jesus because I work for Him, with Him and through Him.

Two men worked with each other for years and in the evenings their families would get together. They worked together famously, even though one of them was the boss. They related together as best friends; they had complete trust with each other.

I want to find myself ever closer to Jesus when I work with Him, when I'm traveling, when I'm at home and when I'm on vacation.

Here's to walking with God every day, all the time, for the forever of our eternal lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment